re: Windows '95

When you say DNS, gateway and IP are set correctly, are you referring to
global (control panel networks), or to the Dial up Adapter settings?  I
can't remember which, but one of them gets resolved first.

Have you tried Magellen, ts or grep for the ip address in a run-away hosts
file?

Are you using the editable scripts in the Plus! package for Dial up Slip or
basic shipping product without Plus and editable scripts?

Ted

*****
Ted Matsumura, Adaptec Japan Ltd.
ATM Program Manager, InterNetworking Technology (INTO)
phone: 03-5276-8433, Fax (03) 5276-9364
email: tmatsumu@example.com
http://www.rahul.net/tedm
*****
-------------
Original Text
>From owner-tlug@example.com, on 1/4/96 7:18 PM:

Somehow this turned into a Windows '95 discussion thread.  But
since both Ted and Jim are into Windows '95 now, thought I would
ask a Win '95 question.  (I'm back on Linux now...)
Whenever I access beehive.twics.com (HP 9000 server)
from my Windows '95
setup it now corresponds to 192.135.222.23 which is the wrong machine that
is the IP of the Windows '95 machine.  It
just started to flake out during the middle of a Netscape session.  No
matter how many times I reboot the sucker it still thinks that
its name is beehive.twics.com

DNS, gateway, and individual IP are all set correctly.  Every other
machine on the net agrees with me  that beehive.twics.com corresponds to
192.135.222.9

I figure that the ARP table of Win '95 got messed up somehow and all
I need to do is clear it or wait for 15 minutes or something.
How do I force a clear to the Win '95 equivalent of an ARP
table?

		----

In an effort to stay away from Windows further I changed the colors
of Accelerated X under Linux to the 32,000 setting and now my
Netscape pictures look just as good under Linux.  I'm going to
install Accelerated X at home too.  :-)

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096