Re: What's the plan for Hard Rock's?

One thing that may need fixing before Linux works for high speed network
systems is the glitch that say prevents U of Kansas from getting above 30 or
so Mbps on NICs that do line speed of 4x + that.

Also, I have many shell accounts with Suns, but never have a slowdown.  On
the one shell acct. running Linux, some buffer after 15 minutes fills up and
my 28K drops to unusable speeds.

Is it possible that the U of Kansas and my IP provider using Linux just have
something mis-configured for networks?

Ted

*****
Ted Matsumura, Adaptec Japan Ltd.
ATM Program Manager, InterNetworking Technology (INTO)
phone: 03-5276-8433, Fax (03) 5276-9364
email: tmatsumu@example.com
http://www.rahul.net/tedm
*****
-------------
Original Text
>From owner-tlug@example.com, on 12/4/95 5:48 PM:
I was hoping to be able to make it for this, but it just isn't going
to work: that weekend is just too busy to come down from Tsukuba.

My best wishes to all the TLUG crowd, and I hope everybody has a
really good time.  Especially Linus and Tove!

My brother tells me that the inside story on Linux and the Alpha is
that they're quite optimistic, and that progress at DEC has been even
more rapid than reported in the Linux Journal article.  (He's not in
the Alpha group, but apparently they're pleased enough with themselves
that even the analog EE guys in the monitor group heard about it.  He
also said that they think it will be a selling point for the Multia
and other low-end Alpha products.  Management is presumably not happy
about that, but what the hey.)  I'm thinking about getting myself a
Multia or another small Alpha box.  You know, just a little something
to play with at home :-)

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Socio-Economic Planning                         Yaseppochi-Gumi