Re: netscape 2.0

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> You sure did cheat.  Not very well, either!  Lookie, lookie:
>
>     Nori> Return-Path: <majordom@example.com>
>     Nori> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 09:17:53 +0900
>     Nori> From: "Andrew N. Nishigaya" <anishi@example.com>
>     Nori> X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.0b1J (Windows; I; 32bit)
>           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> I caught that right away....  Wake up and smell the HotJava, Craig :-)

Wasn't really hiding it -- it was more like I forgot I was on NT, but the
work Windows should catch your attention.  BTW, not many of us read our
mail with the full headers turned on :-)

> Anybody out there writing Java pages?  How hard is it?  (I haven't
> even seen it in action---I'm just assuming you have to do something
> with it.)

Yes, Cyber is working on a lot of Java and Java-related stuff.  It is
basically C++ with tighter typechecking and easier memory management
(like none required :-).  There is also an impressive class lib of
objects that make animation, sound, and net interfaces quite easy.  Since
it is basically c++, porting from c++ to java should be fairly easy.  So
breakout that dusty c++ code and try porting to Java!

-- nori

     Andrew N. Nishigaya     |    Cyber Technologies International K.K.
=============================| President/CEO/Unix Guru/Mystic Visionary
 anishi@example.com          |           Otake Bldg. 304, 4-6 Daikyocho
 madjap@example.com |             Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo Japan 160
 http://metanoia.cyber.ad.jp |  Tel:+81-3-3226-0961 Fax:+81-3-3226-0962