Re: IDE CD-ROMs

Craig,
  Many "IDE" and "ATAPI" products just don't work with each other, let alone
with other operating systems.

Anyways, back to Linux content:  What driver did you get your NEC ATAPI
CD-ROM to be recognized with under Slackware's setup?  With my 2.01 release,
I have 2 Sony IDE options, and a Mitsumi, none recognized my ATAPI CD-ROM
attached to my IDE paddleboard.

Have you tried viewing movies (MPEG .dat files) movies with your ATAPI NEC
CD-ROM?

*****
Ted Matsumura, Adaptec Japan ATM Program Manager
InterNetworking Technology (INTO)
Adaptec Japan Ltd.
(03) 5276-8433 (Voice)
(03) 5276-9364 (Fax)
tmatsumu@example.com
http://www.rahul.net/tedm
*****
-------------
Original Text
On Mon, 2 Oct 1995, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> Kernels after about 1.1.8x have included native support for IDE
> CD-ROMs.

By IDE CD-ROM, do you mean ATAPI?   I use one of those in the
office.  Works fine.   Or does NEC use a proprietary interface?

Regards,
Craig

		     Craig Oda   craig@example.com
     * No Sign-Up Fee * 5,000 yen/month PPP and shell flat rate *
              *   Includes 64Kbps dialup ISDN access   *
     phone: +81-3-3351-5977   fax: 81-3353-6096   http://www.twics.com
     Twics / IEC Building / 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 Japan