Re: [Q] Japanese TeX

On Sun, 10 Sep 1995, Kazuyuki Okamoto wrote:

> At 21:28 09/09/95 +0900, Kazuyuki Okamoto wrote:
> >You can print out with dviprt from dvi-formated file.
> Sorry, dviprt = dviout  What printer do you have?
> If you have a kanji PS printer, you maybe need dvi2kps

Kazuyuki,

thanks for the advice!   I have an HP LaserJet 4ML with
English PostScript, but *without* Japanese PostScript.
In fact, I bought this printer in the U.S. which means
that it only has the English PCL fonts.  Is it
still possible to print Kanji with such a printer?

We are installing Japanese PostScript into our
HP 4V in the office so I should at least be able to
print Japanese documentation in the office.

What I really want to do is have one of the Japanese
staff translate the English documentation into Japanese,
format the documentation with LaTeX and then convert
to both PostScript for printing and HTML for use
as online documentation.  I am doing this with the
English documentation and it is working beautifully.
I use the LaTeX2HTML translator for HTML and the
dvips tranlator for PostScript.

If you are in Yotsuya one day after work, perhaps you
can stop by our office and we can talk about Linux?
Maybe we can make a trade for your advice... :-)

Aloha,
Craig

     Craig Oda      12 40 82 A8 DF DD DD 30  BB 0E 26 22 E0 D8 F2 87
     craig@example.com      Public Key: finger craig@example.com
                fax: 81-3353-6096   http://www.twics.com
     Twics / IEC Building / 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 Japan