kinput2

Hello.

I do not know if this is of interest to anyone but I finally got kinput2
to run. It took me quite some time to figure out that kinput2 requires the
cannaserver2, the newer version of the cannaserver which was not included
in the infomagic cd-set. Making it backward compatible by using the -bc
flag (kinput2 -canna -bc &, or if you have the cannaserver in another
host, kinput2 -canna -cs anotherhost -bc & )did the trick. In order to
activate it in another kterm window, I had to put

	KTerm*VT100.Translations: #override \
	 Ctrl<KeyPress>o: begin-conversion(JAPANESE_CONVERSION) \n\
	 Shift<Key>space: begin-conversion(JAPANESE_CONVERSION)

in my .Xdefaults. The shift-space sequence is the default, and the
control-o makes it simillar to mule. Once kinput2 is activated, Ctrl-n or
Ctrl-p shifts it to katakana/hiragana/romaji mode. Ctrl-b moves the
cursor backward, Ctrl-f, forward. Ctrl-g cancels the input.

Hope this is of some help.

Mario H. Basa
3-14,1-Chome
Shimizu,Suginami-Ku