Re: [tlug] OT: Does sim-jacking happen in Japan?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 1:23 AM Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Jack Rhysider (Darknet Diaries podcast) just did an episode on this,
> worth a listen.  I also don't know whether it happens in Japan (I
> suspect that the phone companies would pay handsomely to the victims
> if it did to keep it secret).

Here is a link to the episode for those who are not already Darknet
Diaries listeners:

<https://darknetdiaries.com/episode/112/>

Many past episodes are worth a listen as well, IMHO!

A friend in the US recently had his SIM jacked, and it is needless to
say that his experience was very stressful.  I do not know of any cases
in Japan.

Travis

Home | Main Index | Thread Index