Re: [tlug] buying a iMAC

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 04:06:24PM +0900, Deepika Ghuriani wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion if I have created any with my words ...I just meant
> to say that I have decided to invest in an iMAC considering all the points
> but at the moment it has 4 weeks waiting time.  Is this wait time after
> effect of co-vid .. or was the scenario same before covid too ?

Apple have just released their first models of laptops with
their own ARM based cpus.  Maybe people delayed buying a new mac,
and did it now with the new systems available.

Still taking bets on when they will be running Linux natively :)

It seems like these systems have secureboot-style verification of
the code they boot, but it can be disabled.  That architecture
is not as standardized as Intel arch though, so it might take
time until the required drivers find their way into the Linux
kernel.

Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index