Re: [tlug] OT: Japans digitilization

>  > also with ARM now getting sold to an nvidia, I think this is what
>  > Europe notices now.
>
> Has that gone through?  I don't follow that kind of news...

That is surprising Stephen, as it is one worth following. NVidia is not
famous for its open source drivers. ARM has been growing in popularity
in recent years, including being used in the Fugaku supercomputer.

There are fears they are buying ARM to force the ARM customers to play
to their rules. Or do a Google and kill it off, to make a gap for their
own CPU design.

> basis, but a couple of my podcasts thought it was likely to get held
> up either by regulators or in court.

If so, the UK government haven't been making the right noises so far. I
suspect they don't want to be seen to interfere in a U.S. company buying
something from a Japanese company, even if it employs about 3000 people
in the UK.

Darren

Home | Main Index | Thread Index