Re: [tlug] OT: Japans digitilization

On 2020-09-28 10:37, Benjamin Kowarsch wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 at 10:00, <furkan@example.com> wrote:

* authencity is inunderstandable for ordinary people (must be
provided)

Note, however that telephone numbers (and thus fax numbers)
can just as easily be spoofed as email addresses. One cannot
deduce authenticity from either.

Yes.. Also very easily MITM'ed and hard to detect.
For some reason, people didn't fear it being spoofed that much. Maybe
not exploited a lot?

Of course a personal hanko can also be reproduced with relative ease.
Signatures are harder to imitate. Perhaps we should use fingerprints
:-)

I was thinking (maybe wrong, but) that they are relying on micro details
of hankos, hoping that it's not plastic with no distinguishable surface.

* Some governments are just issuing passwords. Use your government
issues ID number and password, after that, whatever you do, is
"authentic".

(many features)

The approach, especially multi PINs (guessing multiple private keys inside),
etc. are very good ideas.

Online usage, is found to be quite impractical, requiring smartcard readers. Although I don't agree that it is impractical, it's just not widely used yet. IMO it's a good trade of convinience. (I should get a reader and start using
myself to have better idea)

I wish I could register any private key that I could generate and manage
myself with government offices. That'd be great. Even GPG pubkeys, so they could send encrypted email to me (although it would create a source of many more problems to deal with, and troubleshooting guides they need to prepare
beforehand, workarounds for completely lost/inaccessible keys, etc.)

--
Furkan Mustafa
https://rainlab.co.jp

Home | Main Index | Thread Index