Re: [tlug] What's the easiest way to edit EUC-JP files on a remote server from an Ubuntu 20.04 desktop?

[Apologies for the top-posting...]

I just use vim in the default (MATE in my case) terminal. I have a
"jvi" script pointing at "vim -u /home/jwb/.vimrceucjp $1" and
the special .rc has:
set encoding=euc-jp
set fileencodings=euc-jp
I have a "jview" which is similar but has "-R".

HTH

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University

Home | Main Index | Thread Index