Re: [tlug] From an enthusiast TLUG follower

On 28 Aug 2020, at 14:24, Jim Breen wrote:

local law gazumps international law and there's not much anyone can do about it. It's not as if there's an internationalpolice force going around enforcing it.

Yeah, good point. The story as I heard it was that the powers-that-be weren't happy with the optics of refusing entry to citizens because someone, somewhere, would make a big stink about right-of-return. "Japan's law-abiding, right? How are we going to look when this happens?"

They could have done it, the same way that I can go rob the 7/11 down the street. I don't want to deal with the backlash, and neither did they :)

-- Chris
GPG key fingerprint D792 2FCA F2E8 41E2 DC8F 0A97 0167 5643 D40A B4BD