[tlug] IRQ corruption?

Hi all... months ago now, I bought an after-market... OLD... graphics
card (an old Radeon) for my kids so that they could play certain games
on our Win 7 PC. I don't have any experience with these things, but
didn't think it would be hard to set it up and get it working.

Well.... after I tried that, the first thing that happened was that the
wired ethernet on the motherboard stopped working :=(  So we've been
using an outboard USB wifi adapter for a while now. And the graphics
card didn't work anyway :=(

I've googled around but can't quite figure out how to fix this ethernet
adapter problem. My brain cells that hold very old, obsolete information
suggest that "my IRQs got screwed up". Is that probably what it is? If
so, how do I fix that?

I asked at Geek Squad (oh the shame ;=) to see what it would cost to fix
this, and I got back too high of a number, so I'm here to try again on
my own, hopefully with help :=)

Thanks,
Dave

Home | Main Index | Thread Index