Re: [tlug] Introduction to (Tech) Worker Cooperatives, 09:00AM on Sunday, July 12th JST

On 19/7/2020 8:44 am, Yasuaki Kudo wrote:
Major international banks, for example, and I used to work for one, have no social purpose - they have become mere predatory instruments of ever more capital gains.  You must be a sociopath to "make it" in that world.

OH!  You're one of "those" people...  Now I finally get it...

I guess here is perhaps more of a financial capital than Tokyo. Japan is (somehow) synonymous with "working to death", but that's nothing to what the financial banks here do to their staff. Every once in a while, I hear of someone who "had enough" -- usually around their late 20s or early 30s -- with the financial world. In short, they say what you just said.

And they leave it behind to do something more "worthwhile".

Unfortunately, there are heaps of young people that are more than happy to take their place. And they can't deny that they did make money during their time with that company that had no social purpose... I can tell by where they usually live and/or drive... :-)

Good luck with whatever you need to do to put that part of your career behind you...

Ray

Home | Main Index | Thread Index