Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 20.04 (Was: Ubuntu 18.04 - changing grub parameters)

On 5/4/20 12:14 PM, Jim Breen wrote:
Do you know something specific about the Mate desktop that's a problem?

(... having installed Gnome alongside Mate, then...)

In my view, the problem is the software environment you create with both desktops on the same install. I create different boot entries to support various desktops on the same machine. I boot to just one desktop environment each time.

Why is that? You avoid package dependencies conflicts.

Confidence and brand new software systems have a fair bit of space
between them for me. I've been around too long.

I generally agree with that, specially knowing the difficulties of Linux desktop world to actually have a large testing community.

フェルナンド・G・シュワルツ