Re: [tlug] GW projects

On Mon, 4 May 2020 at 03:06, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:
On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 1:35 AM Benjamin Kowarsch <trijezdci@example.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 3 May 2020 at 21:45, Raymond Wan <rwan.kyoto@example.com> wrote:

>> > Regarding masks, here's my current undersanding of them:

>> > Wearing a mask like that is hardly more effective at stopping you from
>> > getting infected when people aren't sneezing directly in your face
>> > than when they are. But those non-N95 masks are highly effective on a
>> > societal level: they greatly reduce the chance that _you_ will infect
>> > someone else.
> Your understanding is wrong then.

Though you weren't replying to me,

I was replying to anybody who might agree with the sentiment of the paragraph I commented on.

I have to say starting off your
reply with that sentence is a bit harsh and unnecessary (IMHO).

Why are people immediately getting agitated whenever the word "wrong" is used.

The word has a well defined meaning and as such it has its legitimate use.

It is not an insult, nor is it bad tone.

When something is wrong, be it literally or in tenor, then I reserve the right to say so.

Simply replace "wrong" with "incorrect" if it makes you feel better.

And now I say good night.