Re: [tlug] Corona and schools in Japan

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 2:55 PM Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:

> Daniel A. Ramaley writes:
>
>  > My University uses Teams for everything. We're even migrating our phones
>  > to it. But it sucks. A Linux client was recently released. It is
>  > packaged for several distributions and installs cleanly with no
>  > dependencies. But it doesn't work. When i run it on my Debian system it
>  > shows up in the process table but never opens a window.
>
> Good to know; I won't put effort into it until I have some time.

Eh, I have a different experience. Teams runs in my system out of the
box (Ubuntu 19.04 / Gnome).

The client does not speak with the window manager well (it deletes the
window decoration and does not give me equivalent functionality, like
keeping the window above others, or in all virtual desktops), but
other than that I have had no complaints so far.

I do agree that the chat interface is cluncky. It sends me
notifications about new messages, but if I receive several messages on
different channels, it can be a bit unintuitive to track down all of
them.