Re: [tlug] Corona and schools in Japan

Hi Ray,

It was an open-ended question for anyone interested 😊, but you can email me privately as well if it suits you.

I haven't yet discussed in detail what my friends have in mind but I am curious what kind of difficulties people are encountering.

I have always wondered since my elementary school days (30 year ago!)  why the can't the educational institutions get together, produce high quality explanatory videos, just let the students watch them at their pace and let the classrooms be full blown Q&A sessions all the time.  I can even imagine having a multiple tutors vs multiple students setting where the tutors can offer answers from different angles to help students develop understanding.

So, borrowing the New York governors' words from his coronavirus briefings, this might be an excellent opportunity to "reimagine" education!

Back to your point, thus, it may not be optimal to use remote education as just poor substitution for the face-to-face.

Cheers,
Yasu