But, if you need even better performance for this form factor, you may want to look into the Rock Pro 64.  I'm toying with the idea of getting one myself and using it to replace my old AppleTV with a nice, fast Kodi/Jellyjin client for the living room TV.

https://www.pine64.org/rockpro64/

Stephen

On 2020-04-28 10:12 a.m., Curt J. Sampson wrote:
On 2020-04-28 03:06 +0900 (Tue), Benjamin Kowarsch wrote:

Do you have an rp3, too? I would be very interested to hear from you how
the rp4 compares to the rp3 performance wise. I have got an rp3 but found
it wanting for the kinds of things I might have done with it.
What kinds of things were you wanting to do with it?

I have various Raspberry PIs (a couple of Zeros and others from the
2/3 series). The biggest performance issue I've had with them is block
device I/O. In particular, the SD card is dog-slow, which is bad
because that's usually the main filesystem. USB 3 is better, but still
nothing near a good SATA drive.

So while RPis are fine for dedicated/embedded applications (generally,
non-real-time ones that require a lot of CPU), they aren't really
suitable for, e.g., a desktop Linux system you can put in your pocket.

cjs