[tlug] Mint in VWware, update not possible

Good evening (again)
This is the second question.
After installation of Mint 19.2 in VMware I tried to update.
However, I get an error message asking me whether my internet connection is OK.
It is. Firefox works with no problem at all.

Then there is another error message, which is unfortunately only partially visible, telling me something about my "apt" being broken.
Since that message is only partially visible I did not copy it down.

Is there an obvious, matter of course solution to this?
If not, that is not a problem, since I do not really "use" this installation,
but I would still like to know ...

Thank you
Thomas