[tlug] COVID-19 travel warnings / Info

I hope everyone is doing OK.

Things seem to be escalating in Tokyo and it looks like there will be a lockdown or other measures in the coming days.

Most countries are advising their citizens to return home. If you are planning on doing this I would act now before it becomes impossible.

The US embassy recommends

"having 14 days of food and prescription medications at home and preparing a “go-bag” including passports and copies of vital documents such as birth and marriage certificates."

Which seem like good advice given the uncertainty.

Here are some useful links.

Tokyo COVID-19 Information
https://stopcovid19.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/en/flow/

Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation Report in Japan
https://toyokeizai.net/sp/visual/tko/covid19/en.html

The most useful graph in the above page is the "Serious Cases" "TOTAL" graph which gives you the number of people requiring hospital care.

Japan COVID-19 Coronavirus Tracker
https://covid19japan.com/

NHK Documentary about what japan is doing.
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/5001289

If you need help, or need to talk feel free to phone me on 090 3689 0292

Edward Middleton