Re: [tlug] programming error?

Sorry -- I mistakenly replied this thread off-list this morning. This was my reply.
Tomas replied to me off line just now and I'll be posting his reply next.
Steve S.
On 02/11/2020 06:31 AM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
> 1) An unhandable error occurred
> There seems to be a programming error in aptdaemon, the software that allows you to install/remove softare and to perform other package management related task. > 2) [Err no 2] No usable temporary directory found in ['/temp/', 'var/temp/', 'usr/temp/', 'root']
> Question:
> Is there a way to either
> 1) make the software run, or
> 2) uninstall/delete the software?
It might be interesting to make a /temp directory and see what happens. What's strange to me here is that someone probably typed "temp" but meant to type "tmp" which makes me nervous. Depending on what you're using for your install you might want to grep for "temp" to see where that's coming from if that's possible. Also if you do this, see if it leaves anything in /temp which might tell you where it's coming from.
Google shows almost no hits for "/var/tmp" and asks "do you mean /var/tmp."
For what it's worth, I googled TeamDrive which sent me to TeamDrive.com which redirected me to synqion.com and when I went to the shop tab of that site I get a "Your connection is not secure" warning all of which make me nervous.
Steve S.