[tlug] TLUG OT - Non-airplane travel to US

Anyone here investigated a way to travel between Japan - US, not using air service?

My partner has serious medical issues -e.g. collapsed lung issue- and the doctors basically told her no more airplanes - pressure changes can cause a lung collapse and the plane may need to turn around for a medical emergency landing — somewhat of a bummer for all involved… or Welcome to the USA & extended Emergency Room stay in port of entry…

Any ideas on alternatives, e.g. booking non-cruise-ship level accommodations? Freighters with a spare cabin etc? Clearly grasping for things far beyond my meager knowledge base.This is preliminary research, not imminent need at this time. Just prepping alternatives and to see if anyone has a lead or starting point.