Re: [tlug] Bash question

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019, 06:52 David J Iannucci, <jlinux@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2019, at 23:48, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
> > What is the hypervisor and hostOS? Most probably it is to blame.
>
> Good question :=)

Asking the right questions is the faster way to get the right answers :-D

> The hypervisor is some VMware product (vCenter?), and
> honestly I'm not sure what the host OS is. Could be Win or Linux -- it's
> a service offered by university ITS. But I have three other servers in
> the same situation, and none of them have this problem. The frustrating
> detail is that the VM with the ^C problem is the only one running RHEL7,
> while the other three all run RHEL6. I feel like that difference must be
> the key to the solution...

May be RH did some weird patch?
OR VMware detects guest OS (or it is configured during install) and
behaves differently?

You may be out of luck, it is an old PITA issue apparently.
A quick search turned out this thread that might be helpful:
https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/issues/4152
See around https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/issues/4152#issuecomment-173440208

Cheers,
Kalin.