Re: [tlug] Bash question

Hi Dave,

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:31 AM David J Iannucci
<jlinux@example.com> wrote:
> I've got an RHEL7 install on a virtual machine at work, and one thing
> that is very irritating about it (among others), is that ctrl-C does not
> do its job in bash. When I'm running a normal process (like, say,
> tail -f), and I hit ctrl-C, "^C" is output, but the process is not
> interrupted. I have to do ^Zkill %1, which gets old fast.
>
> I've never seen this sort of thing happen before. How did I get into
> this state? Actually, I'm not sure if the box was like this from the

I've had this a few times before.  Usually, it happens when I'm
running a program that is very CPU / disk intensive and CTRL+C just
doesn't work.  CTRL+Z works and I don't know why.  It's like it's
easier for the OS to put the process into the background than stop it
entirely?

But I guess you don't have the same problem?  Your process isn't CPU /
disk intensive?  In my case, under normal circumstances, CTRL+C works
fine.  So, I'm sure it isn't the key combination being remapped or
something.  It hasn't bothered me since I can usually predict when it
will happen...it's seconds before the computer becomes non-responsive.
Of course, if I wait a bit longer, even CTRL+Z doesn't work...

Ray