Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Cheap e-mail providers
- Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 19:14:57 +0900
- From: Andreas Kieckens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Cheap e-mail providers
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.5.3
On 3/26/19 10:03 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:
On 2019-03-25 23:54 +0900 (Mon), Andreas Kieckens wrote:Indeed forwarding would actually be enough <snip>, I did a quick google search and found this. https://github.com/niftylettuce/forward-emailThat's a brilliant little program and service! <snip> Thanks for the tip.
I've set it up and while it works just fine to send e-mails to one address, I've noticed it doesn't work when sending a mail to more people simultaneously. To test it I tried sending a mail to all my band members. It didn't arrive but sending mails to them one by one did. Then the next day I got a delivery failure with this message.
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Delay)
The response from the remote server was:
451 Can't send mail - all recipients were rejected: 451-4.3.0 Multiple destination domains per transaction is unsupported.
Just something to keep in mind when using this I guess.
Another thing I didn't get working right away was to have the firstname.lastname@example.org address forward to all of us. I set up four TXT records on my DNS server but only the first one gets used. Looks like I'll be searching for other ways to do that just a little more. :)
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Next by Date: [tlug] POST Stops at Add-in Card: What Likely Died?
- Next by thread: [tlug] POST Stops at Add-in Card: What Likely Died?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links