Re: [tlug] Cheap e-mail providers

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 26, 2019, at 10:03, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
>
> Yes. And as mentioned before, in these days of having to handle spam,
> both with incoming DNS blacklists (Spamhaus, etc.) and doing SPF and
> similar for outgoing mail, even "basic" mail configuration is no
> longer trivial.

I keep hearing this, but I’ve been running mailcow for a number of domains on a vps for the past year with minimal fuss and few issues.  It is a docker-compose setup with all the stuff you would expect for a mail server stack.  And if I decide I don’t like my vps provider, I can migrate to another pretty easily.  My spam levels have been just as low as they were when I was on gsuite.  My running costs are just ¥900/month for my current choice of vps in Japan.
https://mailcow.email.   mail-in-a-box is another popular one, though it is not docker based.

Stephen