[tlug] {QT,GTK}_IM_MODULE={ibus,xim}

Adding the missing libraries I mentioned in my last message has fixed
my Japanese input problems almost everywhere. Almost.

For some reason, when I am running X11 client programs on a remote
host using SSH X11 fowarding, my standard environment variable
settings:

    export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
    export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
    export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus

work for urxvt, but not Chrome. If I change the latter two from `ibus`
to `xim`:

    export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
    export QT_IM_MODULE=xim

Japanese input starts working on Chrome (and continues to work for
urxvt). Japanese input still doesn't work for Slack (an Electron[1]
application), though.

Anybody have any idea what these variables really do and what's going
on here?

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_(software_framework)

cjs
--