Re: [tlug] reliable mail service provider...

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 at 00:35, Jens John <lists@example.com> wrote:
> When sending mail to the big hosters (Gmail, Microsoft, …) you almost always want to have the following in addition to TLS-secured submission and server IPs that are not on a DNS blacklist:
[...]

I've given up trying to use a private server for significant amounts
of email. I can
see why Google et al. have got so picky, but I prefer to fork out for
an Apps account
than have to do all the hoop-jumping. BTW, I find Yahoo a bit more
forgiving, so I route
a lot of my cron-driven daily server status reports via my account there.

> Another issue is the new Australian privacy law, which can or can not be an issue for you.

I'm not sure how that affects a private email server. Can you elaborate?

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University