Re: [tlug] Bootable Debian Installer on Multi-partition USB Drive

> could use the remainder of the space for a DOS partition for file
> exchange and whatnot. Does anybody know how to set up a USB stick this
> way?

Yes.

Well, not me, but I read an article on this just this week: "GRUBby USB
drives" in Linux Format #246. I took a snapshot, to refer to later, but
don't have it to hand at the moment. If you there on Saturday I can show
it to you then.

The article title is the clue to how you do it: you install grub, then
can set up various OSes. One of their examples was a minimal hardened
linux, and you set up the remainder of the USB drive for it to use as
persistent storage.

Darren