Re: [tlug] Hakyll or other static site generators at TLUG

On 2019-03-04 1:15 p.m., Curt Sampson wrote:
> I think I've mentioned this before, but I've been wanting to run a
> workshop on building static and JAMStack[1] websites with Hakyll[2]
> and deploying them to Netlify[3] (and maybe GitHub Pages, too). A

I've been doing this with Gatsby, and do enjoy how easy Netlify makes
things.  I find it hard to believe their free tier is sustainable, but
don't mind using it while it lasts.

I would be interested in learning another toolset.

In fact, I would like to suggest that a project that would benefit the
group would be a static version of the TLUG web site deployed to
Netlify.  I have been toying with:
 - sucking down the content area of existing TLUG web pages
 - converting them to MDX [2] with some disgusting Javascript after
   not liking what Pandoc gave me
 - thinking future content would be Markdown (or MDX?) pages in
   a repository in the TLUG organization and built/deployed to
   Netlify on push

I think it could be a good "workshop" activity if a group of members got
busy and did this in a more rigorous way. And it could provide a
concrete project for hacking on.

Jim

[1] https://www.gatsbyjs.org/
[2] https://mdxjs.com/