Re: [tlug] Dang I hate MS.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 9:22 AM Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:
>  > It's the old theme, 「IE browser by default」...
>
> I don't think so, since he says things are now working as he wants
> them to.  I think it's just a bug: they don't anticipate a system that
> doesn't start with bare hardware, get Windose installed, and then add
> alternative boots if desired.

AFAIR, one could fix the IE-by-default too, it just kept popping after
some updates.

>  > I always keep a SysRescueCD to "help" (after) Windoze updates.
>  > My Toshiba laptops do not have menu in setup for OS order, I need to
>  > use `efibootmgr` after such issues.
>
> Hey, that's useful advice!
>
> Maybe we could have a "Dear Kalin" column[1] on the website?

Why not :-D
Having a proper website with tips and what not (and not the skewed
perception of a blog these days) have been on my ever growing ToDo
list...
I had several attempts starting circa 1998 (with flashing GIFs and
support for frames for Netscape 3.0 :-D), but they kept getting out of
date... and I haven't bothered with a website for the last few years.
I'll notch it a few hundred positions up in the ToDo.

Cheers,
Kalin.