Re: [tlug] Dang I hate MS.

Kalin KOZHUHAROV writes:
 > On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 5:38 AM steve <sjs@example.com> wrote:

 > > Anyway, the latest windows update 'fixed' the bios so the default boot
 > > os was windows.

 > It's the old theme, 「IE browser by default」...

I don't think so, since he says things are now working as he wants
them to.  I think it's just a bug: they don't anticipate a system that
doesn't start with bare hardware, get Windose installed, and then add
alternative boots if desired.

Of course it's a very self-serving bug. ;-)

 > I always keep a SysRescueCD to "help" (after) Windoze updates.
 > My Toshiba laptops do not have menu in setup for OS order, I need to
 > use `efibootmgr` after such issues.

Hey, that's useful advice!

Maybe we could have a "Dear Kalin" column[1] on the website?

Footnotes:
[1]  After the famous "Dear Abby" advice column in US newspapers, not
to forget John Prine's wonderful song.  A sample verse:

Dear Abby, dear Abby, who'd ever have thought
That me an my girlfriend would ever get caught
We wuz a-sittin' in the back seat jus' a-shootin' the breeze
With her hair up in curlers and our pants to our knees
Si-igned, Just Married

Just Married, Just Married, You have no complaint
You are what you are, and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up Buster, and listen up good
Stop wishin' for bad luck and a-knockin' on wood
Si-igned, Dear Abby

There's a lot of us here with that old "Dear Abby" Attitude! :-)

--
Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information