Re: [tlug] GitHub Private Repos Are Now Free

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 1:53 PM Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> I just noticed that, since the start of this year, GitHub now allows
> users on free accounts to create private repos.
> And...oooo...could it be that Microsoft is in part responsible for
> making GitHub even better? [Cue flamewar here.]

I haven't read the EULA in details, but I am guessing private repos
are also "indexed" by their search engine and "selected employees" can
have a look or hook on certain private repos.
Or AI engines.

Not sure that was different pre-MS and/or for paid accounts.

So, if you store code hacking the gov in a private Github repo, expect
a knock on the door.
(same for Dropbox, Drive and so on)

Cheers,
Kalin.