Re: [tlug] Stymied by emacs character display

 in On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 at 19:30, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote
> Stuart Luppescu writes:
> That's clearly from LaTeX, not Emacs.  Which LaTeX extension are you
> using to process Unicode?  Have you tried others (XeLaTeX, LuaTeX,
> LaTeXCJK)?

 I use XeLaTeX and I've never seen anything like that, but it's probably
because I've invoked the right packages, e.g.

\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xeCJK}

> The message is hard to make sense of.  My best guess is that the file
> got corrupted somehow and you have a lonely "€" (which has decimal
> value 128 or octal value 200) in it somewhere.  That byte is legal
> only as a traling character in UTF-8.  You can enter it in Emacs with
> C-q 2 0 0 RET I think.

Hmmm. The "€" in UTF8 is e2 82 ac (U+20AC).

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University