Re: [tlug] Ubuntu Facebook popups

On 2019-02-14 10:57 +1100 (Thu), Jim Breen wrote:

> I'm guessing it's notify-send that's the vehicle for the popups, and it
> doesn't seem to have a logging capability.

No, `notify-send` is a command-line client that uses the `libnotify`
library to send notifications to whichever server you happen to be
using. (You'll find it came in with the `libnotify-bin` package.)

So there's still a server there (albeit probably not `xfce4-notifyd`)
that you can look for. `pgrep -af notify` might give you a hint, or if
that doesn't work one could figure out how to determine what's
listening on the `/org/freedesktop/Notifications` address on the DBus
session bus. Or maybe just poke around your settings panel or settings
program folder to see if anything looks like it would let you set
that. There may also be an icon in your panel (mine is a bell-shaped
one) that, when clicked, gives you an option to bring up the settings.

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.