[tlug] True Gigabit ISP in Tokyo?

Can anyone recommend a home Internet provider in Tokyo that provides 1 Gbps speeds.

Long story short, I signed up for Softbank's SoftBank 光 ファミリー・ギガスピード. NTT came by yesterday to do the installation and afterwards I tested the speed and found I was only getting 160Mbps, nowhere near ギガスピード (tm).

After a very irritating phone call with Softbank's customer service I was told that to get the advertised 1 gbps I needed to rent a special Softbank device (a BB Unit), for an extra monthly fee. Needless to say I feel that Softbank is bordering on false advertising ...

Searching on the internet I found the Reddit thread below that implies that Softbank is using a custom implementation of IPoE which forces you to use their box if you want gigabit speeds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/japanlife/comments/9146ya/internet_provider_asking_for_monthly_fee_to/

Specifically this part:

"SoftBank gives their box that you connect to ONU. It is a router, a WiFi router and a switch all in one box. You don’t have to use it if you setup PPPoE (industry standard), however you do have to use it if you want their "IPv6 IPoE + IPv4" because authentication and their custom IPoE is embedded in the firmware and no other hardware supports that custom SoftBank’s stuff.

Softbank also clearly explains that:

別途、Yahoo! BBプロバイダー料およびフレッツ光月額利用料、光BBユニットレンタル費用が必要です。

https://www.softbank.jp/ybb/hikari/ipv6/"

I don't want an extra box, and feeling that Softbank is being somewhat deceitful I'm thinking of cancelling my contract and finding a another provider.

Jc