Re: [tlug] Why change a linux server's locale?

Edmund, Christian, Darren

Thanks very much for the replies, opinions and bachground information. All very useful.

In the last few days I've been having a few conversations with project leaders, which decisions it would be pointless and against company policy to relate here. Suffice it to say that luckily I have no hair to put out (I balikan what remains of it), but things have got worse as the customer may want to use an encoding which isn't even supported by the database we're using.

I'm going to suggest doing all the DB transactions with a Japanese caligraphy brush and 50 year old inkstick.

Interesting times ahead for this project.

?????????

p.s. Decided to sign my name as ????????? since that's the way my version of Thunderbird mangles it. It's fine on the server ....