[tlug] Unzipping archives with japanese filenames in an unknown encoding in a smarter way?

Hello!

What is the best way to unzip a file that may have filenames in
Japanese in an arbitrary encoding and avoid getting mojibake?

I can use -O on unzip to tell what encoding I want (UTF-8, EUC,
Shift_JIS, Windows_31J (???)) but trying the different encodings until
finding one that works just seems inefficient.

Is there a better way?