Re: [tlug] Why change a linux server's locale?

Hi Ian,

On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 02:42:28PM +0900, マスターズ・イアン wrote:
> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/202713:
> "And if the customer change locale from default to SJIS, we will not support the customer when there are problems in RHEL."

I had considered to quote that, I work at Red Hat.

> Now how to change the customer's mind ...

You can just try to play through a scenario with the customer, on what
to do if he hits issues in that area.
He might be able to work around it converting to unicode, process data,
and convert back.  He could also look for service providers for sjis to
fix issues, I think there are some, I think aimed at big enterprises.
They also could pay someone directly to investigate the issue.

Besides 青空文庫, also emails from mobiles from Japanese are often still
in sjis.

Chris