[tlug] Common bus over devices

Hi tlug,

since monthes I am using https://syncthing.net/ to have filesystems
with the same contents over multiple Linux and Android devices, it
works fine.

Now, it happens that I start to listen a podcast [1] on a Linux
desktop, then shutdown the desktop, grab my mobile and walk to the
train station.  The podcast file is available on both devices, but
ideally there would be a kind of bus where both devices are
connected to, which leads to the mobile playing the podcast where
I left before.

Same for the desktop: I was playing a 90min mkv file before shutting
it down, and it would be desirable to resume playing at that point.
evince is remembering the page of a pdf file, storing the location
on the local filesystem.

Now, a pdf reader on the mobile should ideally resume a pdf from the
place where I stopped reading at the Linux desktop.

So evince uses a local filesystem for storing.  If I could ensure
that this filesystem is synced to the mobile before the desktop is
shutdown, and the pdf reader on the mobile would use the information
in the same way, I would be able to resume.

Has anybody looked deeper into this kind of sync?
Is there consens about rather a shared filesystem being used for
this, or some webservice implementing a messenging system?
If such a standard existed, then applications like mplayer could
start to use them.

cheers,
Christian

[1] http://bilingualnews.libsyn.com/ , news in Japanese and
    English, probably ontopic for listmembers here