Re: [tlug] Japanese writing does not work

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 09:44:26PM +0900, rost52 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Also I am using LX since a while I am stillĀ  a newbie when it comes to
> commands.
>
> Do you mean that I need to add the three export lines into the file /.xinitrc ?
>
> I scanned my system and found only:
>
> /etc/X11/xinit/and inside there:
>
> -xinitrc
> -xinputrc
> -xserverrc
>
> and the folder xinitrc.d and inside is nothing, not even a hidden file.
>
> The xinitric file contains as an active line: ". /etc/X11/Xsession

A somethingrc.d file, e.g., xinitrc.d is a place to put custom stuff, but
don't worry about it right now.

You can also put the lines in your .bashrc
file.

Depending upon what type of Linux you use and which desktop, the way can be
different but putting the lines in $HOME/.bashrc (the $HOME means your home
directory) shoudl work.  I don't know if systems like Ubuntu even have an
.xinitrc file, they may  use something like .Xsessions instead. Again, you
don't have to worry abot it at the moment, but it's good to learn as you
get more experienced.

If you boot into a display manager, the way that many distros do if you do
a default install, you may not have that .xinitrc.

So try putting it in your .bashrc. I haven't been following this thread,
but I have a little page on getting Japanese working in some distributions
at http://srobb.net/jpninpt.html

It recommends using fcitx instead of ibus though.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6