[tlug] [Suspected Spam]Re: Journals, Authors and 'Free Peer Review'

Darren Cook writes:

 > > fields still do not.  I wished they did...then I don't need to have
 > > Microsoft Word installed in a Win10 virtualbox...
 >
 > So they are using sophisticated/unusual features, and libre office
 > won't work? Or you've been bitten once, and refused to try again.

Word format is a piece of crap, not even close to WYSIWYG.  The
problem with Libre Office or Word on Mac is that they use different
font rendering engines from Microsoft.  This frequently breaks
important large-scale formatting.  At least with Word on Mac, when
they format it on a Windows machine text almost invariably gets
smaller, so tables and figures don't completely crumble.  But you can
lose lines and end up with page breaks in the wrong place.