[tlug] Solarized Colour Scheme

Now that I've got my fonts kinda sorted out, I'm looking at doing some
colour tweaking. I've come across this solarized[1] scheme which
sounds like a good idea, but my initial experience with it hasn't been
good. I'm finding the contrast a bit low comfortable reading with my
aged eyes and programs that assume a more standard colour scheme
sometimes render terribly, such as htop(1) where the standard text
color is unreadably close to the background color.

Is there a higher-contrast version of solarized available? Does
anybody out there use solarized and have any thoughts on it they'd
like to share? Or better yet, want to meet for a beer and give me a
tour through how it works for you?

[1]: https://github.com/altercation/solarized

cjs
--