Re: [tlug] EE question (was: VPN?)

On 2018/07/07 14:14, David J Iannucci wrote:
Before I start, let me say thanks to those who responded to my question
about VPNs recently. Frankly I was a bit surprised by the view that VPNs
are superfluous for security purposes, and that TLS/https is all you
really need.
   When I am looking at VPN, my concern is normally more around privacy, company resource access, and country restrictions (blocking). For these needs, I am normally thinking TOR and looking at the new project Orchid.    I have my concerns about VPN companies. Looks like a great target for crackers and governments to have centralized access to our data. VPN companies seem just as willing to collect and serve our data up, like most ISPs.

David