[tlug] Rikaichan in Firefox

On 2018-06-26 16:23 +0800 (Tue), Raymond Wan wrote:

> For what it's worth, and as an alternative, there's also Rikaikun for
> Chrome, which is supposed to be a "port of Rikaichan".

I use this heavily. I started out with Rikaikun but eventually
switched from Firefox to Chrome when it got good enough and Rikaikun
appeared.

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 9:56 AM, steve <sjs@example.com> wrote:
> > Oh -- also Rikaichan also uses wwwjdic etc.  I locked my firefox down to
> > release 56 after it no longer was supportable by Rikaichan.

So what's up with that? I've been considering moving to Firefox
(mainly to get more of my data off of Google and get better
backups/access to my bookmarks, passwords, etc.[1]), but lack of
Rikaichan would be pretty near a dealbreaker for me.

[1]: The issue here is that it's all encrypted with a local key, so
while any machine running Chrome where I've configured it to use that
key has access to the data, the website tools Google offers, such as
their password manager, can't read it at all.

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.