Re: [tlug] kudos for Jim Breen

On 26 June 2018 at 11:52, steve <sjs@example.com> wrote:
> On 06/25/2018 06:16 PM, Jim Breen wrote:
>> Bear in mind that jisho.org uses the same data as wwwjdic, etc.
> Jisho.org uses wwwjdic as do as most of the on-line and Android dict
> apps out there.  I don't know about IOS.

To be pickily accurate, jisho.org doesn't use wwwjdic. The starting point
is the daily jmdict.xml file produced form the project's database. Jisho.org
uses that, as does the Android AEdict app, and I think the iOS Imawa does
too. Also produced daily via some xslt scripts is the legacy EDICT format.
That's what wwwjdic uses.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University