Re: [tlug] kudos for Jim Breen

On 26 June 2018 at 10:55, dblomber <dblomber@example.com> wrote:
> I love it too. One of the best I have used. Although manga and slang can
> still be a pain ;-) But, they are not covered anywhere yet. I am sure
> jisho.org (and plugged into my laptop) will be among the first to give
> an answer.

Bear in mind that jisho.org uses the same data as wwwjdic, etc.

> .... My latest edge test case is: "把罪" used in a manga to refer to
> a guy who was collecting girlfriends. (Well he wasn't but his classmates
> all thought he was.)

Looking forward to you submitting a proposed entry for 把罪. The entry form is
http://www.edrdg.org/jmdictdb/cgi-bin/edform.py?svc=jmdict&c=1

把罪 will be a challenge. It currently gets 50 unique (Japanese)  hits via
Google, many of which are discussing Chinese material. We need solid
evidence a term is or was used in Japanese, along with the reading and
meaning.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University