Re: [tlug] kudos for Jim Breen

On 2018/06/26 0:51, steve wrote:
Hi All

I was delighted to see this in the Japan Times this morning.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2018/06/25/language/180000-entries-jim-breens-freeware-japanese-dictionary-still-growing/
Great to see credit given on this.

I know I'd never have gotten as far as I have without Jim's
JMdict/EDICT/WWWJdic/Kanjidic.  I know there were thousands of other
contributors but it wouldn't have happened without Jim Breen to organize it.
I love it too. One of the best I have used. Although manga and slang can still be a pain ;-) But, they are not covered anywhere yet. I am sure jisho.org (and plugged into my laptop) will be among the first to give an answer. My latest edge test case is: "把罪" used in a manga to refer to a guy who was collecting girlfriends. (Well he wasn't but his classmates all thought he was.)