Re: [tlug] VPN?

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 05:21:55PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
TL;DR: Just because something is enterprisy does not mean it's a good
solution. Actually, enterprise solutions are usally quite bad and mostly
designed to make consultants rich.

I specifically addressed OP's gripes with the OpenVPN iOS client application and proposed a streamlined solution. I concede that IPSec is more complex than pairing an userspace daemon like openvpn with a client app, however once deployed, you have connectivity from any type of device using standard client software.

Personally, on my Android and laptop device, I do also favour simplicity and just use OpenSSH's layer 3 forwarding capabilities (SOCKS proxy) to achieve tunnelled connectivity for all things internet and be done with it, but that is hardly achievable using stock OS clients on today's popular smartphones I think.